You may have heard about the fact that we are at the height of a solar flare season. You may be wondering what that means and how it may be affecting you.
A solar flare cycle occurs every 11 years, during which time sunspots build up, discharge, and then wane. 2012 and 2013 is the peak of the current cycle in which we are under. These explosions emit a billion tons’ worth of gas and magnetic fields, oftentimes Earth-facing.
Some theorize that our bizarre weather patterns are in fact a result of these solar flares. Not that they are making Earth hotter (or maybe so!), but making the jet streams out of whack.
Since March, Planet Earth has been hit with extreme solar flares. Flares within this class can knock out electronics and power grids. There is also scientific evidence that shows a correlation of solar flares and heart attacks.
As the Planet integrates these flares, our bodies must do so as well. Our heart is the primary conductor of these solar flares as it is the primary conductor of electromagnetic energy. In terms of the Chakra system, the chakra that this most relates to is the Heart Chakra.
These solar flares can affect the heart chakra positively or negatively. Our heart chakra is the part of us that must adapt to change. It is the chakra from which we love ourselves and others. Change and Love are synonymous. To change is to love and to love is to change. If not, regret, bitterness, stuck, and complete shutdown can ensue which leads to blockages on the physical level.
If your heart is open and adapting as needed, then the heart chakra with a dose of solar flare will raise your overall personal frequency. And as a result, we adapt, change, evolve, and grow in tandem with Planet Earth with ease (as opposed to dis-ease).
You may have noticed some emotional uprisings in your own life lately. Break-ups and makeups, births and deaths, endings and beginnings. (This is partly due to Venus having been in retrograde.) Here are some suggestions on how to integrate the solar flare energy and, in effect, get a heart chakra upgrade
1. Be open to change. Change can mean a new perspective, a new morning routine, a new diet, a new way of thinking, a new job, or a new hairdo. That being said, don’t change just out of distraction. Let your heart be your compass.
2. Tell Someone ‘I Love You’. Nothing opens the heart chakra like simply saying “I Love You.” Say to someone you love without any expectations of what is to come back.
3. Give. A recent study in the New York Times says that we are much happier when giving than spending money on ourselves. Buy a friend lunch, contribute to someone’s Kickstarter campaign, give your server a surprisingly large tip, or simply give someone a compliment.
4. Forgive. Is there anyone you need to say “I’m sorry” to? or perhaps to yourself? Regret, bitterness, and anger towards someone is toxic. Towards yourself is poison.
5. Meditate. One of the best ways to open your energy channels is through meditation. Meditation is about awareness and awareness is energy. Bring awareness to your heart. Where intention goes, energy flows.
6. Ground Yourself. If you think about it, the best way to absorb an electrical shock is to have a grounding device. That is also true with this geomagnetic energy being hurled towards us. We must stay grounded. One of the best ways is to be close to nature. Take walks, hikes, or go swimming. While you want to be open to change, you also want to stick with those routines that work for you and you know are good for you. Like a tree, you can only grow as high as your roots are deep.